Friday, November 6, 2009

Reforming perfectionist

So I have had this blog for a month, but have been fretting over the fact that it isn't "just right." Today I finally realized that it is better to just do it--imperfections and all. So here it is--The Three Hatchlings. Pictures are currently in the wrong places--I'm not sure how to fix them yet--but when my children are not sick and my friend can come over and help me, I will get it done. If I wait until it's perfect--I will never post.

Does anyone else wonder about what to put in a blog? I see such amazing blogs that have political commentary, artistic information, blogs with a purpose, etc. Other women have such poignant things to say. That just further paralyzes me--I can't compete. I think that's why I haven't blogged until now. I was so afraid of not doing it right and not being good enough that I just didn't do anything. In an attempt to overcome my issues with perfectionism, I'm taking a step and letting people see me with all my imperfections.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! Here we don't have to be perfect--it's just us. And, welcome to being human--nobody's perfect, and we all are good enough! We don't compete, we just write about what is important to us. We write about what has happened in our day, or about what we have been thinking about, or something funny one of the kids said, or how frustrating our husbands can be (sorry, Bryce!). Read a good book? Share it with us! See a good movie? Bryce knows of one you could write about! Don't try making an impression, just write about you and your life--that's what's interesting!! Love, Mom II

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so bad, is it? Everyone has their own way of dealing with the stress of perfection vs. flaws. It's a philosophical divide that requires balance on both sides.
    Blogging has helped me to discover new things about myself, but being part of the blogging world sometimes promotes comparing myself to others.
    Maintain the balance. There is always something to write about. Just write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Sister! I know exactly how you feel and I too have decided to just let it all hang out. LOL We can be imperfect together, not that I see anything wrong with your blog at all. So maybe you should just look at it through my eyes instead of your own. :)

    ReplyDelete